Monday, February 15, 2010

goddess #25

 

sky, a cloudless blue
at this intersection of 
synagogue, mosque, and church
palms rustle
birds sing
peace is here today

may we recognize our common humanity
celebrate our cultural differences
and cultivate peace in ourselves
and peace in the world.




The first time I went to the Jewish Community Center to check out the gym, my mom told me to turn at the mosque . . .when I made the turn I noticed that a fundamentalist Christian Church was across the street . . . I later learned that the mosque and JCC cooperate by offering each other additional parking when one or the other had an event . . .  it seems wonderful that in this small corner of the world people of various religious orientations worship so close together, that they are able to interact constructively, and hopefully learn that each is ultimately human, with the same hopes and dreams for happiness, safety, and health for themselves and their loved ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment